Wednesday 14th May, 9pm. £8/£6
- Jonathan Woolgar, Scenes from the Garden of Love (new commission)
- Bach (arr. Pashley), C-sharp minor Prelude
- Lloyd Coleman, a new piece based on the Inferno from the Divine Comedy (Feb. 2014)
- Astor Piazzolla (arr. Pashley), Histoire du Tango, Concert d’Aujourd’hui
- George Gershwin (arr. Pashley), I Got Rhythm
- Free improvisation
The Hermes Experiment is a newly formed ensemble of four young professional musicians passionate about contemporary and experimental music, and inspired to create something new and unusual.
Based in London, The Hermes Experiment comprises Héloïse Werner (soprano), Oliver Pashley (clarinet), Marianne Schofield (double bass) and Anne Denholm (harp), who met whilst studying music at Cambridge University.
Capitalising on their deliberately idiosyncratic combination of instruments, the ensemble performs a variety of experimental compositions and arrangements, as well as venturing into live free improvisation. The Hermes Experiment has recently won the Nonclassical Battle of the Bands 2014 (joint winners with Dan Shao)