Friday 23rd May, 7pm. Free entry
A long-time resident of New York City, he has performed widely in the United States and Europe as organist and chamber musician.
Mr. Burgett is a prolific composer whose music includes symphonic and chamber music as well as solo instrumental music and a large body of liturgical music.
His formal education included private study with, among others, Paul Jenkins and Vernon DeTar in organ and Nadia Boulanger and Peter Maxwell Davies in composition. He has performed in masterclasses with Leonard Bernstein, Elliot Carter, Alberto Ginastera, Cor Kee and Marie Claire Alain.
- Ludwig van Beethoven – Prelude in C Major
- Vernon Detar – Fugue in C Minor
- Frank Bridge – Adagio in E Major
- Gary Davison – Cantilene on “Michael” | Trumpet Rondo on “Lauda Domini”
- Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy – Prelude and Fugue in G Major
- John Stanley – Voluntary in D Major
- Harvey Burgett – Sunbeams (World Premiere)
- Johann Sebastian Bach – Kyrie, Gott, Heiliger Geist | Fugue in E-Flat Major